| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Wichita, Kansas in January is slightly cold at -1.4 °C (29.48 °F).
- Afternoons can be cool with average high temperatures reaching 4.3 °C (39.7 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -7.1 °C (19.2 °F).
- In January the range/ variation of daily mean temperatures is 11.4 °C (20.5 °F).
- The weather in January is somewhat parched with periodic snow. A paltry 20.1mm (0.8in) of H2O precipitates across an average of 6 days.
- The heavens above Wichita, Kansas are fair with an average of a moderate 5:56 of dazzling solar radiation daily.
- The shortest day is 9:36 long and the longest day is 10:14 long with an average length of 9:52.
- There are approximately 3:46 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 61.1% of daylight hours and cloudy 38.9% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Wichita, Kansas January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Wichita, Kansas, Usa
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Wichita, Kansas:
- Manhattan, Ks, Usa - 154.8 kms (96.2 miles) NNE
- El Dorado, Ks, Usa - 54.4 kms (33.8 miles) NE
- Sedan, Ks, Usa - 124.5 kms (77.4 miles) ESE
- Independence, Ks, Usa - 145.9 kms (90.7 miles) ESE
- Newkirk, Ok, Usa - 81.8 kms (50.8 miles) SSE
- Pawhuska, Ok, Usa - 146.2 kms (90.8 miles) SE
- Perry, Ok, Usa - 187.5 kms (116.5 miles) SSE